When starting out in swimming there is nothing more frustrating than trying to find the swim goggle that is just right for you. Each swimmer has a different list of requirements for their ideal pair. Beginning swimmers often look for comfort and ease of use while a competitive swimmer might be looking for goggles that cut down on drag. Luckily there is a wide range of goggle styles available for all ages and ability levels. Not sure what goggles would be best for you? Check out our list of the ten best goggle styles and the features that make them so popular.
1) Speedo Vanquisher – The line of Vanquishers easily make the top of this list due to their wide ranging appeal. These are a great goggle for both competitive and recreational swimmers. Vanquishers feature soft silicone gaskets around the eyes for a very comfortable fit. Each pair of Vanquishers also comes with a set of four different size nose pieces. This allows each individual user to select the fit that is just right for them. Vanquishers fit more directly in the eye socket rather than around the eye. The line of Vanquishers includes Junior, Women’s, and Men’s sizes in addition to the newly updated Vanquisher 2.0. Best for: Recreational and competitive swimmers ages 13 and up.
2) Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles – Kaiman goggles are popular for their excellent visibility and outstanding comfort. These are a favorite of open water swimmers and triathletes due to their 180-degree visibility and easy-adjust buckles for the perfect fit. Kaiman goggles offer possibly the softest gaskets available in a goggle today. Due to their wider shape Kaiman goggles do not fit directly into the eye sockets, but rather fit more around the eye. The silicone nose bridge is not adjustable; however, due to its soft nature it is comfortable for a wide range of nose types. Kaiman goggles are available in both small and full size models. Best for: Adult recreational swimmers, open water swimmers, triathletes.
3) Speedo Hydrospex – Speedo Hydrospex are a no frills goggle that are ultra comfortable and easy to use. The back strap adjusts with the speed fit clip to make adjustments a snap especially with the new Hydrospex 2. The wide gaskets of the Hydrospex make these an ideal goggle for beginning swimmers. While Hydrospex do have a solid nose piece that does not allow for adjustments they do come in both Junior and Adult sizes to fit a wide range of users. As an added bonus… Hydrospex come in a nearly endless array of colors. Best for: Children and beginning swimmers, anyone who likes wider goggles.
4) Swedish Goggles – Swedish goggles are a swimming classic and long time favorite of competitive swimmers. Popular for the clear view and excellent field of vision they promote. Though these are a favorite of experienced swimmers they do take some getting used to. Swedish goggles must be completely assembled by the user and do not have any soft cushioning for your eye. The hard plastic eye pieces of Swedish goggles fit directly in the eye socket for a very unique fit. Swedish goggles are available in many colors including metallic for the outdoors. Best for: Experienced and competitive swimmers looking for a custom fit.
5) TYR Technoflex – Technoflex are another wide frame goggle that is great for youth and beginning swimmers. Much like the Speedo Hydrospex the TYR Technoflex feature a solid nose piece and easy adjust fit clips on the sides. Soft silicone gaskets make the Technoflex goggles easy on the eyes while giving you clear vision in the water. TYR Technoflex 4.0 are available in a great selection of fun colors. Best for: Youth and beginning swimmers, anyone who likes wider goggles.
6) TYR Swimple – Swimple goggles are the ultimate ease of use goggles. They come in one size designed for kids and come in several fun colors. Swimple goggles have a solid nose piece and soft silicone gaskets that are easy on children’s eyes. The easy adjust release button on the sides of the goggles allow for no fuss adjustments of the back strap. These goggles will have your kids splashing around in no time. Best for: Kids who enjoy recreational swimming.
7) Speedo Aquasocket – Aquasockets were engineered with competitive swimmers in mind. Their ultra low profile design ensures minimum drag through the water. These goggles fit directly in the eye sockets with their soft silicone gaskets for a snug comfortable fit that will not come off in competition. Aquasockets also come with multiple size nose pieces to allow for a more customized fit. Best for: Competitive swimmers ages 13 and up.
8) TYR Tracer – Tracer goggles are another model designed with the racer in mind. Tracers fit directly in the eye socket but are not rough on the eyes thanks to the soft silicone material. They also feature various size nose pieces so you can pick the one that fits you best. Tracer goggles offer excellent peripheral vision for a racing goggle. Best for: Any swimmer that measure’s success by the tenth of a second.
9) Aqua Sphere Seal – The Aqua Sphere Seal mask is somewhat of a cross between a goggle and a snorkeling mask. The Seal mask has a much larger profile than most goggles, but does not cover the nose like a typical mask. This allows it to function as a normal goggle while providing more of a full face coverage. The Seal mask is well know for the excellent seal it makes between the goggle and the face. This makes it great for swimming in turbulent waters. The Seal mask is available in the original and XP Seal mask version with a lower profile. Best for: Open water swimmers and swimmers how like full coverage from their goggles.
10) Speedo Sprint/Pro – These are a few of Speedo’s classic goggles. Both styles are made with soft foam around the eyes and come with an adjustable nose piece. Pro goggles have a circular shaped eye piece while the Sprint style has more of an oval shaped eye piece. These goggles have been a staple of the swimming community for some time due to their reliability and comfort. Best for: Goggle traditionalists and anyone who prefers foam gaskets over silicone ones.