Shopping for swim parkas can be overwhelming if you aren’t sure what you’re
looking for. Swim parkas are meant for those swimming in cold temperatures or between competitions to warm the swimmer after he or she is out of the water. Swim parkas are worn immediately after a swimmer gets out of the pool. Swim parkas are functional and designed for warmth. Companies are constantly toying with technology to improve the quality of swim parkas.
1. Make sure the hood is lined. This is the case for most swim parkas, but not all. A lined hood means the swim parka will warm your head as well as your body. Swim parkas are usually lined in a type of fleece. Other fabrics can get wet and soggy if you put them off immediately after a swim. This allows a swimmer to warm up quickly after getting out of the pool. It is also ideal for triathletes who may be swimming outdoors during cold weather.
2. Make sure it’s water resistant. It doesn’t have to be waterproof, but the swim parka should be water resistant. This prevents you from getting wet if you’re near the pool and get splashed by other swimmers. A nylon outer shell is best for a swim parka for any swimmer.
3. Choose a dark color for a logo. If your team is having their logo or name put on the parka, a dark color is a great background for most designs and fonts. This allows you to play with the design that will go on your swim team parka.
4. Make sure the parka isn’t too big. Swim parkas often run big. Compare your measurements to those provided online so you have a parka that isn’t too big to wear when you’re out of the pool. If it’s too big, the vent at back will often let in air which can be uncomfortable when you’re cold and wet.
5. Think about if you really need a swim parka. If you’re cold-natured or want something easy to cover up with after swimming, a swim parka is ideal. This is the case even if you are not swimming outdoors where it can cool down substantially regardless of the season.
Swim parkas are great for those swimming in cold weather conditions, or who want something to cover up with after a swim. Swim parkas are ideal for teams traveling together because everyone has the same jacket in the same color scheme with a logo or team name, allowing you to easily spot teammates in a crowd.