Most people don’t go swimming in conditions you would consider cold enough to need to wear a jacket. In fact, most people only think about swimming when the weather is hot or you are inside. However, when it comes to competitive swimming, it is extremely important to keep your muscles warm in between swims, even if the temperature isn’t incredibly cold. Swim parkas are a great way to keep your muscles warmed up between swims to reduce the shock on your body.
Nike Swim Parkas
Nike makes a line of adult and children’s swim parkas that are specifically designed to keep you warm while you are out on the swim deck. This parka is made from water-resistant 100 percent polyester shell with polyester filling. The hood features a drawstring so you can keep your whole body warm, including your head. This parka comes in navy blue and black with a white stripe down the sleeve.
Speedo Team Swim Parkas
If you are looking for the perfect swim parkas to coordinate your entire team, the Speedo team swim parkas are a great option for you. The water-resistant coat is lined with polar fleece to offer the optimal warmth in between your swims. You will even find a convenient goggle pocket inside so you don’t need to worry about misplacing your goggles. This parka is available in four colors: navy, sapphire, red and black.
TYR Alliance Swim Parkas
Another of your options for swimming in cooler weather is the TYR Alliance swim parka. This coat offers optimal warmth with the fleece lining, as well as resistance to the wind and moisture in the air. This makes it an ideal parka for the coolest weather in which you might swim. One of the unique features of this parka is the Raglan sleeves that provide the best fit, as well as the most freedom of movement possible in a swim parka.
The temperatures in which you may swim can fluctuate, causing you to cool down too much in between your scheduled swims. One of the best ways to ensure you stay warm is by wearing a swim parka in between your swims. These parkas are made from water-resistant material and are lined with warm fleece to help keep you warm. Coordinate your entire team with matching swim parkas or allow each swimmer to pick his or her own.
Shopping for swim parkas can be overwhelming if you aren’t sure what you’re
looking for. Swim parkas are meant for those swimming in cold temperatures or between competitions to warm the swimmer after he or she is out of the water. Swim parkas are worn immediately after a swimmer gets out of the pool. Swim parkas are functional and designed for warmth. Companies are constantly toying with technology to improve the quality of swim parkas.
1. Make sure the hood is lined. This is the case for most swim parkas, but not all. A lined hood means the swim parka will warm your head as well as your body. Swim parkas are usually lined in a type of fleece. Other fabrics can get wet and soggy if you put them off immediately after a swim. This allows a swimmer to warm up quickly after getting out of the pool. It is also ideal for triathletes who may be swimming outdoors during cold weather.
2. Make sure it’s water resistant. It doesn’t have to be waterproof, but the swim parka should be water resistant. This prevents you from getting wet if you’re near the pool and get splashed by other swimmers. A nylon outer shell is best for a swim parka for any swimmer.
3. Choose a dark color for a logo. If your team is having their logo or name put on the parka, a dark color is a great background for most designs and fonts. This allows you to play with the design that will go on your swim team parka.
4. Make sure the parka isn’t too big. Swim parkas often run big. Compare your measurements to those provided online so you have a parka that isn’t too big to wear when you’re out of the pool. If it’s too big, the vent at back will often let in air which can be uncomfortable when you’re cold and wet.
5. Think about if you really need a swim parka. If you’re cold-natured or want something easy to cover up with after swimming, a swim parka is ideal. This is the case even if you are not swimming outdoors where it can cool down substantially regardless of the season.
Swim parkas are great for those swimming in cold weather conditions, or who want something to cover up with after a swim. Swim parkas are ideal for teams traveling together because everyone has the same jacket in the same color scheme with a logo or team name, allowing you to easily spot teammates in a crowd.
You can still order a swim parka in time for Christmas. Swimming parkas make a great gift for swimmers! The stock parkas are available now for immediate delivery. Custom swim parkas can ship within 1-3 weeks so you will have it well before Christmas if you order now. There are several styles of swim parkas to choose from including the Swim Stuff Solid Swim Parka, which is by far the most popular style. This parka is available in swim team colors and is made with a heavy weight polar fleece lining that dries quickly. Order your swim parkas today from D&J Sports Swim Shop.
D&J Sports just receive a large shipments of Swim Stuff Swim Parkas and they are now ready for immediate delivery. These swim parkas are lined with quick drying artic fleece that is sure to keep you warm before and after your swim. The swim parka also has lined pockets and a hood for maximum warmth this fall and winter. These swimming parkas are available in several team colors and can also be customized with your swim team logo and the swimmer’s name. Order your swim parkas today from D&J Sports Swim Shop.