Like it or not, the cooler weather is rapidly approaching, but that doesn’t mean the outdoor swim season is over yet. This means you need to find ways to stay warm in between your events. Swim team parkas are a great addition to any swimmer’s competitive swimming equipment, helping you stay warm when you’re out of the water so you’re ready to go when it’s your turn to race. In fact, if you swim outdoors in the fall, it’s just as important as your competitive swimwear.
Keep Your Muscles Warm
Not only are you at risk of becoming ill when you are exposed to the cold air when you’re wet, but you also need to worry about keeping your muscles warm and ready to go. When you are exercising, your muscles warm up. When they cool down, it can increase your risk of cramping and other issues. However, when you wear a swim parka, you will be able to keep your muscles warm so you can perform better when it’s time to get back in the water.
Choosing the Right Swim Parka
When you’re shopping for the right competitive swimming equipment, it’s important to find swim team parkas with all the right features. This can include the option to customize it with custom logos for swim teams. As you look at the various swim parkas available, check into the lining used and ventilation, as well as the presence and location of the pockets. A good parka should keep you warm and will help you look like part of the team.
Competitive swimwear in Dallas may be your top priority, but it isn’t the only thing you should consider. Swim team parkas are an absolute necessity, especially if you’ll be swimming outside during the fall months. With custom logos for swim teams, this is the perfect swim gear to buy to keep your muscles warm and your body ready to enter the water and perform your best.
If you’re looking for the best competitive swimming equipment in Dallas, Texas, contact us. D&J Sports carries all the gear you need to be a star in the competitive swimming field.
Shopping for swim parkas can be overwhelming if you aren’t sure what you’re
looking for. Swim parkas are meant for those swimming in cold temperatures or between competitions to warm the swimmer after he or she is out of the water. Swim parkas are worn immediately after a swimmer gets out of the pool. Swim parkas are functional and designed for warmth. Companies are constantly toying with technology to improve the quality of swim parkas.
1. Make sure the hood is lined. This is the case for most swim parkas, but not all. A lined hood means the swim parka will warm your head as well as your body. Swim parkas are usually lined in a type of fleece. Other fabrics can get wet and soggy if you put them off immediately after a swim. This allows a swimmer to warm up quickly after getting out of the pool. It is also ideal for triathletes who may be swimming outdoors during cold weather.
2. Make sure it’s water resistant. It doesn’t have to be waterproof, but the swim parka should be water resistant. This prevents you from getting wet if you’re near the pool and get splashed by other swimmers. A nylon outer shell is best for a swim parka for any swimmer.
3. Choose a dark color for a logo. If your team is having their logo or name put on the parka, a dark color is a great background for most designs and fonts. This allows you to play with the design that will go on your swim team parka.
4. Make sure the parka isn’t too big. Swim parkas often run big. Compare your measurements to those provided online so you have a parka that isn’t too big to wear when you’re out of the pool. If it’s too big, the vent at back will often let in air which can be uncomfortable when you’re cold and wet.
5. Think about if you really need a swim parka. If you’re cold-natured or want something easy to cover up with after swimming, a swim parka is ideal. This is the case even if you are not swimming outdoors where it can cool down substantially regardless of the season.
Swim parkas are great for those swimming in cold weather conditions, or who want something to cover up with after a swim. Swim parkas are ideal for teams traveling together because everyone has the same jacket in the same color scheme with a logo or team name, allowing you to easily spot teammates in a crowd.
You can still order a swim parka in time for Christmas. Swimming parkas make a great gift for swimmers! The stock parkas are available now for immediate delivery. Custom swim parkas can ship within 1-3 weeks so you will have it well before Christmas if you order now. There are several styles of swim parkas to choose from including the Swim Stuff Solid Swim Parka, which is by far the most popular style. This parka is available in swim team colors and is made with a heavy weight polar fleece lining that dries quickly. Order your swim parkas today from D&J Sports Swim Shop.