Whether it’s getting a little cooler outside or you want to make sure your muscles stay warm in between races and training sessions, swimming parkas can be a valuable asset. This competitive swimming gear is an absolute must when you’re involved without outdoor swim teams, especially in the fall and spring. One of the latest additions to this category of swimming gear is the Speedo color block parka. There are many reasons you should consider choosing this parka to keep you warm this season.
A Water Resistant Shell
Perhaps one of the greatest assets of swimming parkas is their ability to repel the water. Whether it’s raining outside or it will simply be subjected to splashes at the pool, a water resistant shell means you won’t feel like you’re soaked as you stand on the sidelines. It also won’t damage the coat when you take it off to enter the water for your next race. You can count on coming back to a warm, dry parka that will continue to keep you warm until you need to get back in the water.
Pockets Are Important
Pockets are an important element for swimming parkas, which is why the Speedo color block parka is a great option for swimmers. Not only are there pockets on the outside to be used to keep your hands warm and dry while you wait, but there is also a zippered interior pocket. This pocket is perfect for keeping your MP3 player out of the elements or to store your cell phone so it won’t be damaged by the water. In addition, all of the pockets are fleece lined for even greater warmth.
A Variety of Colors
One of the best reasons to choose Speedo’s latest addition to the swimming parka line is due to the beauty of the colors selected. Most of the parkas come in a light gray and dark gray two-tone shade with hints of black, Kelly green, red and sapphire. A fifth option includes a light gray and navy blue two-tone parka.
Choosing the right competitive swimming gear in Dallas, Texas, is a necessity if you want to remain competitive and ensure a great performance. Swimming parkas are a great addition to your swimming wardrobe, helping to keep you and your muscles warm in between your races at the meets. When you are able to keep warm, your performance will greatly improve.
If you’re interested in buying the latest Speedo color block parka, contact us. D & J Sports carries a full line of the latest competitive swimming gear for swimmers on all levels.
Shopping for swim parkas can be overwhelming if you aren’t sure what you’re
looking for. Swim parkas are meant for those swimming in cold temperatures or between competitions to warm the swimmer after he or she is out of the water. Swim parkas are worn immediately after a swimmer gets out of the pool. Swim parkas are functional and designed for warmth. Companies are constantly toying with technology to improve the quality of swim parkas.
1. Make sure the hood is lined. This is the case for most swim parkas, but not all. A lined hood means the swim parka will warm your head as well as your body. Swim parkas are usually lined in a type of fleece. Other fabrics can get wet and soggy if you put them off immediately after a swim. This allows a swimmer to warm up quickly after getting out of the pool. It is also ideal for triathletes who may be swimming outdoors during cold weather.
2. Make sure it’s water resistant. It doesn’t have to be waterproof, but the swim parka should be water resistant. This prevents you from getting wet if you’re near the pool and get splashed by other swimmers. A nylon outer shell is best for a swim parka for any swimmer.
3. Choose a dark color for a logo. If your team is having their logo or name put on the parka, a dark color is a great background for most designs and fonts. This allows you to play with the design that will go on your swim team parka.
4. Make sure the parka isn’t too big. Swim parkas often run big. Compare your measurements to those provided online so you have a parka that isn’t too big to wear when you’re out of the pool. If it’s too big, the vent at back will often let in air which can be uncomfortable when you’re cold and wet.
5. Think about if you really need a swim parka. If you’re cold-natured or want something easy to cover up with after swimming, a swim parka is ideal. This is the case even if you are not swimming outdoors where it can cool down substantially regardless of the season.
Swim parkas are great for those swimming in cold weather conditions, or who want something to cover up with after a swim. Swim parkas are ideal for teams traveling together because everyone has the same jacket in the same color scheme with a logo or team name, allowing you to easily spot teammates in a crowd.
D&J Sports just receive a large shipments of Swim Stuff Swim Parkas and they are now ready for immediate delivery. These swim parkas are lined with quick drying artic fleece that is sure to keep you warm before and after your swim. The swim parka also has lined pockets and a hood for maximum warmth this fall and winter. These swimming parkas are available in several team colors and can also be customized with your swim team logo and the swimmer’s name. Order your swim parkas today from D&J Sports Swim Shop.