When it comes to grooming a star athlete, one thing’s certain: parents and coaches should share a common goal. This means:
- Mapping the Mission – Coaches will typically outline what needs to be accomplished at the start of the season. The parent should follow this course.
- Reviewing Progress – Parents and coaches can assess development each season or at dedicated intervals. By studying progress, improvements can be made in weak areas and reinforcements can be made for strengths.
- Agreeing to Disagree – In every relationship, including those between parents and coaches, there will be differences. By setting the tone early to focus on goals throughout disputes, parents, coaches and especially children will get along better.
- Getting the Right Equipment – The right gear, including swim team accessories, safety gear, warmup tools and other items, means being well-equipped to do the job in comfort and style.
Other Tips to Keep in Mind
- Prioritize the Rights of Children – Parents and coaches should agree tokeep the child’s best interest at heart, including listening to their likes and dislikes. The most important decision is to determine if the athlete really does want to play the sport before commencing practice.
- Review Options – When selections are made in sports, it’s best to outline what responsibilities will need to be met by the athlete. Once this is reviewed, it’s up to the player to decide if this is a sport they want to partake in.
- Examine Behavior – Parents are essential for determining new and concerning behaviors like anxiety, loss of sleep, etc. because this could point to nervousness or a lack of enthusiasm. Ultimately, it’s up to both the parents and coaches to respect the child’s wishes and/or calm their fears.
Parents Want to Know
Do swimming brands matter or should you shop generic?
Athlete accessories should be of the best quality because:
- Quality Gear Is Durable – It will last for ages, even throughout the tumbles and shakeups of high-impact sports.
- Athletes Will Be Comfortable – When players feel relaxed in their clothing, they are proven to play better.
- Athletes Will Be Confident – One of the greatest aspects of success is confidence, in sports and in everyday life. Nurture this key skill by making athletes look sharp.
Popular brands are well known because of their quality. Some of the most commonly known names in the world of swimming include Arena swimwear, Speedo, Colorado Time Systems, Nike, Adidas, Dolfin and hundreds more.
Contact us for custom orders, pricing, shipping information and other details. Our Texas swim shop features a variety of sports brands for men, women and children. Shop swim polo shirts, caps, bags, goggles and other accessories at D&J Sports.