When kids are on a swim team or spend a large amount of time in the water during the summer perfecting their strokes, they need proper kids’ swim goggles to protect their eyes. The right protection will not only shield your child’s eyes from the harmful chemicals in the pool but also give them clearer vision, allowing them to focus on their swimming and less on trying to figure out where they are
Speedo Jr. Vanquisher Mirrored Goggles
The Speedo Jr. Vanquisher Mirrored Goggles offer a low profile and slim design that allows swimmers to keep their aerodynamics in the water, helping them keep their speed up. They also offer a double head strap to keep the goggles in place in any type of conditions, eliminating the distraction of having to adjust them while swimming. The mirrored lenses offer UV protection and reduce the glare off the water in the sun, as well as fog protection to eliminate blurry vision and slower times as a result
Speedo Jr. Vanquisher 2.0 Goggles
The sleek design and low profile of the Speedo Jr. Vanquisher 2.0 Goggles make them the perfect choice for kids with small or narrow faces. They offer a unique fit with three interchangeable nose clips, double head strap and adjustable clip to allow for customization and ultimate comfort. The factor that sets this pair of kids’ swim goggles apart from any others is the 25 percent increase in peripheral vision, making it even easier to stay on track and decrease swim times.
Speedo Skoogles Mirrored Goggles
The Speedo Skoogles Mirrored Goggles are the perfect first pair of swim goggles for kids. Targeted for kids ages three to eight, they are made from silicone to offer extreme comfort. The frame sits easily on the child’s face and Speed Fit clips make them easy to adjust. Kids will also benefit from the anti-fog lenses with UV protection to not only protect their eyes from chemicals but also the sun’s rays.
TYR Youth Flexframe Goggle
The TYR Youth Flexframe Goggle makes perfect kids’ swim goggles for those who swim often because they are hearty enough to withstand plenty of wear and tear. Made with a unibody design, comfortable silicone frame and split head strap, any child would be comfortable wearing them. They also offer incredible protection for their eyes with UV protection, anti-fog capabilities and shatter resistance.
Shopping for swim equipment for young people who are not done growing and are smaller than many professional swimmers can be difficult. However, the biggest names in swimming, such as Speedo, know that many people start young when it comes to competitive swimming. Therefore, they make goggles like the Speedo Vanquisher goggles in junior sizes to better fit the faces of younger swimmers who are just getting started.
Speedo Vanquisher Jr.
If the Speedo Vanquisher goggle is one that captures your attention, you may want to consider the Jr. Vanquisher for the young swimmer in your life. These goggles come in several different colors, including black, blue magenta and clear, so you can coordinate with a suit or pick your child’s favorite color. These goggles have a low profile for less resistance, UV protection and anti-fog for clear swimming.
Speedo Vanquisher Jr. Optical
Children who need glasses to see can often have difficulty swimming with the typical Speedo Vanquisher goggles. However, if you know your child has vision problems. The Jr. Vanquisher Optical goggles come in diopters from 1.5 up to 8. Available in black or clear, your child will get the benefits of UV protection, anti-fog and mirror coating, all while being able to see the end of the pool with clear vision.
Speedo Vanquisher Jr. 2.0
The next generation in Speedo Vanquisher goggles, the Jr. Vanquisher 2.0 goggles provide your child with all the advantages of the adult version of the 2.0. These goggles have a low profile so they don’t interrupt movement through the water, as well as greater peripheral vision than many other types of goggles. These goggles provide your child with UV protection, anti-fog properties and the ability to adjust the nose clip for the greatest comfort. The Jr. Vanquisher 2.0 goggles are available in several colors, including clear, blue, pink and smoke to fit any style.
Before you purchase your child just any goggles off the shelf at your local store, it is important to make sure you are getting the right goggles. The Speedo Vanquisher goggles designed for kids provide your child with all the advantages of the adult goggles in a size that will fit better. Even if your child is just starting out and you aren’t sure they will continue to swim, finding goggles that fit well will ensure they have the greatest chance of becoming a competitive swimmer in the future. Only time will tell.
When starting out in swimming there is nothing more frustrating than trying to find the swim goggle that is just right for you. Each swimmer has a different list of requirements for their ideal pair. Beginning swimmers often look for comfort and ease of use while a competitive swimmer might be looking for goggles that cut down on drag. Luckily there is a wide range of goggle styles available for all ages and ability levels. Not sure what goggles would be best for you? Check out our list of the ten best goggle styles and the features that make them so popular.
1) Speedo Vanquisher – The line of Vanquishers easily make the top of this list due to their wide ranging appeal. These are a great goggle for both competitive and recreational swimmers. Vanquishers feature soft silicone gaskets around the eyes for a very comfortable fit. Each pair of Vanquishers also comes with a set of four different size nose pieces. This allows each individual user to select the fit that is just right for them. Vanquishers fit more directly in the eye socket rather than around the eye. The line of Vanquishers includes Junior, Women’s, and Men’s sizes in addition to the newly updated Vanquisher 2.0. Best for: Recreational and competitive swimmers ages 13 and up.
2) Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles – Kaiman goggles are popular for their excellent visibility and outstanding comfort. These are a favorite of open water swimmers and triathletes due to their 180-degree visibility and easy-adjust buckles for the perfect fit. Kaiman goggles offer possibly the softest gaskets available in a goggle today. Due to their wider shape Kaiman goggles do not fit directly into the eye sockets, but rather fit more around the eye. The silicone nose bridge is not adjustable; however, due to its soft nature it is comfortable for a wide range of nose types. Kaiman goggles are available in both small and full size models. Best for: Adult recreational swimmers, open water swimmers, triathletes.
3) Speedo Hydrospex – Speedo Hydrospex are a no frills goggle that are ultra comfortable and easy to use. The back strap adjusts with the speed fit clip to make adjustments a snap especially with the new Hydrospex 2. The wide gaskets of the Hydrospex make these an ideal goggle for beginning swimmers. While Hydrospex do have a solid nose piece that does not allow for adjustments they do come in both Junior and Adult sizes to fit a wide range of users. As an added bonus… Hydrospex come in a nearly endless array of colors. Best for: Children and beginning swimmers, anyone who likes wider goggles.
4) Swedish Goggles – Swedish goggles are a swimming classic and long time favorite of competitive swimmers. Popular for the clear view and excellent field of vision they promote. Though these are a favorite of experienced swimmers they do take some getting used to. Swedish goggles must be completely assembled by the user and do not have any soft cushioning for your eye. The hard plastic eye pieces of Swedish goggles fit directly in the eye socket for a very unique fit. Swedish goggles are available in many colors including metallic for the outdoors. Best for: Experienced and competitive swimmers looking for a custom fit.
5) TYR Technoflex – Technoflex are another wide frame goggle that is great for youth and beginning swimmers. Much like the Speedo Hydrospex the TYR Technoflex feature a solid nose piece and easy adjust fit clips on the sides. Soft silicone gaskets make the Technoflex goggles easy on the eyes while giving you clear vision in the water. TYR Technoflex 4.0 are available in a great selection of fun colors. Best for: Youth and beginning swimmers, anyone who likes wider goggles.
6) TYR Swimple – Swimple goggles are the ultimate ease of use goggles. They come in one size designed for kids and come in several fun colors. Swimple goggles have a solid nose piece and soft silicone gaskets that are easy on children’s eyes. The easy adjust release button on the sides of the goggles allow for no fuss adjustments of the back strap. These goggles will have your kids splashing around in no time. Best for: Kids who enjoy recreational swimming.
7) Speedo Aquasocket – Aquasockets were engineered with competitive swimmers in mind. Their ultra low profile design ensures minimum drag through the water. These goggles fit directly in the eye sockets with their soft silicone gaskets for a snug comfortable fit that will not come off in competition. Aquasockets also come with multiple size nose pieces to allow for a more customized fit. Best for: Competitive swimmers ages 13 and up.
8) TYR Tracer – Tracer goggles are another model designed with the racer in mind. Tracers fit directly in the eye socket but are not rough on the eyes thanks to the soft silicone material. They also feature various size nose pieces so you can pick the one that fits you best. Tracer goggles offer excellent peripheral vision for a racing goggle. Best for: Any swimmer that measure’s success by the tenth of a second.
9) Aqua Sphere Seal – The Aqua Sphere Seal mask is somewhat of a cross between a goggle and a snorkeling mask. The Seal mask has a much larger profile than most goggles, but does not cover the nose like a typical mask. This allows it to function as a normal goggle while providing more of a full face coverage. The Seal mask is well know for the excellent seal it makes between the goggle and the face. This makes it great for swimming in turbulent waters. The Seal mask is available in the original and XP Seal mask version with a lower profile. Best for: Open water swimmers and swimmers how like full coverage from their goggles.
10) Speedo Sprint/Pro – These are a few of Speedo’s classic goggles. Both styles are made with soft foam around the eyes and come with an adjustable nose piece. Pro goggles have a circular shaped eye piece while the Sprint style has more of an oval shaped eye piece. These goggles have been a staple of the swimming community for some time due to their reliability and comfort. Best for: Goggle traditionalists and anyone who prefers foam gaskets over silicone ones.