Training like an Olympian requires you to use some of the same gear as Olympians have been using to improve their times and become some of the best swimmers in the world. Michael Phelps is perhaps one of the most well-known swimmers of all time. This is why he has developed a series of high level performance gear that can help swimmers improve their technique and better focus on faster swim times. This is why Michael Phelps has worked with Aquasphere to create a variety of products for swimmers.
MP Focus Swim Snorkel
Snorkels aren’t just something used to check out the tropical fish in warm waters around the world. A swim snorkel, such as the MP Focus swim snorkel, can help both beginner and experienced swimmers focus on their technique, rather than having to worry about their breathing while they swim. Combining the proper breathing motions with swim technique can be difficult. A snorkel allows you to focus on one at a time.
MP Strength Training Paddles
The MP Strength training paddles are designed to increase resistance in the water to help swimmers increase muscle mass and to help them feel the proper movements. These paddles were designed by Phelps himself to help other swimmers train, whether they are aiming for the Olympics or they have much smaller aspirations and simply want to become better swimmers.
MP XCEED Titanium Mirror Goggle
No swim ensemble is complete without the right pair of swim goggles. Michael Phelps has covered this aspect of swimming as well. The MP XCEED titanium mirror goggle is the perfect option for swimmers who swim outdoors in particular. The mirrored finish helps eliminate glare on the water so swimmers can easily see where they are going in the pool. The low-profile fit also reduces drag and helps keep swimmers more streamlined in the water.
Training to become a better swimmer requires you to have all the right gear on hand. Michael Phelps has earned more Olympic medals than any other swimmer or athlete, which makes his expertise valuable for those who also have high aspirations in swimming. With the help of his line of swim gear and training products, every swimmer can gain the competitive advantage.
If you’re looking for the best competitive swim gear to help you become a more effective swimmer, contact us. We have all the products you need to supplement your training.
Michael Phelps is the most decorated Olympians, as well as one of the most well known competitive swimmers. As such, he has created his own collection of goggles to give other swimmers the same advantages he has had in the water. Whether individuals are looking for clear, smoked or mirrored lenses, he has created a variety of Aquasphere goggles even Phelps would be proud to wear in the pool as he swims his gold-medal winning races.
Low-Profile Racing Goggles
The Aquasphere K180 swimming goggles by Michael Phelps are low-profile racing goggles that are designed to protect the eyes and allow for clear visibility in the water without causing excess drag as the swimmer moves through the water. Because Phelps has extensive experience in the competitive world of swimming, he knows what it takes to get the right traction in the water without negatively affecting drag, which can add precious milliseconds to your times. When races are won or lost by fractions of a second, every minute detail counts.
A Variety of Options
When you choose the Aquasphere competitive swimming goggles designed by Michael Phelps, you will find there are a variety of options to help you choose the one that best fits your swimming needs. For instance, if you spend most of your time swimming outdoors, the titanium mirror lenses can be your best choice. These lenses reflect away the light so you can see more clearly and guard against the glare off the pool water. For those who spend more of their time swimming indoors, the clear or smoky lenses can be the ideal solution.
Finding the right swimming goggles is important if you want to do your best in the water. While many goggles look similar, there are differences. For instance, the Michael Phelps designed Aquasphere goggles feature a low-profile design that is meant to reduce drag in the water and help swimmers see clearly without the bulk of your average goggles. With the option of clear, smokey or mirrored lenses, every swimmer will be able to find the exact style that will best suit their needs and their personal preferences.
If you’re looking for the best swimming goggles on the market, contact us. D&J Sports carries a vast array of goggles, including those designed by Olympic champion Michael Phelps.
When starting out in swimming there is nothing more frustrating than trying to find the swim goggle that is just right for you. Each swimmer has a different list of requirements for their ideal pair. Beginning swimmers often look for comfort and ease of use while a competitive swimmer might be looking for goggles that cut down on drag. Luckily there is a wide range of goggle styles available for all ages and ability levels. Not sure what goggles would be best for you? Check out our list of the ten best goggle styles and the features that make them so popular.
1) Speedo Vanquisher – The line of Vanquishers easily make the top of this list due to their wide ranging appeal. These are a great goggle for both competitive and recreational swimmers. Vanquishers feature soft silicone gaskets around the eyes for a very comfortable fit. Each pair of Vanquishers also comes with a set of four different size nose pieces. This allows each individual user to select the fit that is just right for them. Vanquishers fit more directly in the eye socket rather than around the eye. The line of Vanquishers includes Junior, Women’s, and Men’s sizes in addition to the newly updated Vanquisher 2.0. Best for: Recreational and competitive swimmers ages 13 and up.
2) Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles – Kaiman goggles are popular for their excellent visibility and outstanding comfort. These are a favorite of open water swimmers and triathletes due to their 180-degree visibility and easy-adjust buckles for the perfect fit. Kaiman goggles offer possibly the softest gaskets available in a goggle today. Due to their wider shape Kaiman goggles do not fit directly into the eye sockets, but rather fit more around the eye. The silicone nose bridge is not adjustable; however, due to its soft nature it is comfortable for a wide range of nose types. Kaiman goggles are available in both small and full size models. Best for: Adult recreational swimmers, open water swimmers, triathletes.
3) Speedo Hydrospex – Speedo Hydrospex are a no frills goggle that are ultra comfortable and easy to use. The back strap adjusts with the speed fit clip to make adjustments a snap especially with the new Hydrospex 2. The wide gaskets of the Hydrospex make these an ideal goggle for beginning swimmers. While Hydrospex do have a solid nose piece that does not allow for adjustments they do come in both Junior and Adult sizes to fit a wide range of users. As an added bonus… Hydrospex come in a nearly endless array of colors. Best for: Children and beginning swimmers, anyone who likes wider goggles.
4) Swedish Goggles – Swedish goggles are a swimming classic and long time favorite of competitive swimmers. Popular for the clear view and excellent field of vision they promote. Though these are a favorite of experienced swimmers they do take some getting used to. Swedish goggles must be completely assembled by the user and do not have any soft cushioning for your eye. The hard plastic eye pieces of Swedish goggles fit directly in the eye socket for a very unique fit. Swedish goggles are available in many colors including metallic for the outdoors. Best for: Experienced and competitive swimmers looking for a custom fit.
5) TYR Technoflex – Technoflex are another wide frame goggle that is great for youth and beginning swimmers. Much like the Speedo Hydrospex the TYR Technoflex feature a solid nose piece and easy adjust fit clips on the sides. Soft silicone gaskets make the Technoflex goggles easy on the eyes while giving you clear vision in the water. TYR Technoflex 4.0 are available in a great selection of fun colors. Best for: Youth and beginning swimmers, anyone who likes wider goggles.
6) TYR Swimple – Swimple goggles are the ultimate ease of use goggles. They come in one size designed for kids and come in several fun colors. Swimple goggles have a solid nose piece and soft silicone gaskets that are easy on children’s eyes. The easy adjust release button on the sides of the goggles allow for no fuss adjustments of the back strap. These goggles will have your kids splashing around in no time. Best for: Kids who enjoy recreational swimming.
7) Speedo Aquasocket – Aquasockets were engineered with competitive swimmers in mind. Their ultra low profile design ensures minimum drag through the water. These goggles fit directly in the eye sockets with their soft silicone gaskets for a snug comfortable fit that will not come off in competition. Aquasockets also come with multiple size nose pieces to allow for a more customized fit. Best for: Competitive swimmers ages 13 and up.
8) TYR Tracer – Tracer goggles are another model designed with the racer in mind. Tracers fit directly in the eye socket but are not rough on the eyes thanks to the soft silicone material. They also feature various size nose pieces so you can pick the one that fits you best. Tracer goggles offer excellent peripheral vision for a racing goggle. Best for: Any swimmer that measure’s success by the tenth of a second.
9) Aqua Sphere Seal – The Aqua Sphere Seal mask is somewhat of a cross between a goggle and a snorkeling mask. The Seal mask has a much larger profile than most goggles, but does not cover the nose like a typical mask. This allows it to function as a normal goggle while providing more of a full face coverage. The Seal mask is well know for the excellent seal it makes between the goggle and the face. This makes it great for swimming in turbulent waters. The Seal mask is available in the original and XP Seal mask version with a lower profile. Best for: Open water swimmers and swimmers how like full coverage from their goggles.
10) Speedo Sprint/Pro – These are a few of Speedo’s classic goggles. Both styles are made with soft foam around the eyes and come with an adjustable nose piece. Pro goggles have a circular shaped eye piece while the Sprint style has more of an oval shaped eye piece. These goggles have been a staple of the swimming community for some time due to their reliability and comfort. Best for: Goggle traditionalists and anyone who prefers foam gaskets over silicone ones.